Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
- name, address(es), telephone number(s), date of birth and other contact details;
- electronic address(es);
- digital image of a person;
- payment information (such as credit card or bank details);
- other personal information required to provide our website, products or services, such as financial information or other information we ask you to submit to authenticate yourself;
- transaction details relating to your use of our website, products or services; or
- other information from your interaction with our website, products or services, such as the content and webpages you access, your IP address, device identifiers, type of device you are using, your network information, geo location information or web log data.
- Cookies and Usage Data
You do not have to provide us with any personal information, however if you do not do so we may not be able to provide the content, products or services you have requested from us or through other third parties.
How we collect personal information
We collect personal information directly from you, which may include any or all of the following:
- when you submit personal information directly (by signing up as a service provider OR by creating a deal request as service seeker) to us, which may include through our website or mobile applications or email;
- in person;
- in the course of providing our website or our products or services you have requested either directly from us or through third parties, which may include when you access or interact with our website, products or services, creating any accounts with us, processing your transactions, submitting any forms with us or signing up to newsletters, updates or information relating to our content, products, services or benefits; or
- when you have other dealings with us.
We will collect personal information for all or any of the following purposes:
- in order to facilitate or provide you with our website, products or services and information about our website, products or services, (which may include the uploading, access to, and receipt of content on our websites, downloading and accessing our content or mobile applications, processing purchase transactions, provision of marketing materials, newsletters, electronic newsletters (e-newsletters), news and media releases / launch information or to advise you of our other or third party products, services, offers, competitions or events which may be of interest);
- as required by law, order of a court, tribunal or regulator or if we reasonably believe that the use or disclosure of the information is reasonably necessary for enforcement related activities;
- to develop new websites, content, products or service features;
- to maintain, protect, develop, improve or customize our website, products or services (such as our system administration, to provide customized features, tools, marketing or promotions based on your preferences, to provide you with support, to provide website, product or service updates or to prevent, detect and investigate any actual or suspected illegal activity, security concerns or breaches);
- to ensure we receive payment of any fees owing to us or third parties;
- to conduct research and obtain opinions or comments about our website, products or services;
- to develop and maintain our relationships with you, our service providers, our business partners and other users of our website, products or services;
- to generate data and reports on an aggregated, non-personally identifiable basis for both internal and third party use, but subject to any applicable laws (for example, we may record statistical data for marketing analysis, to conduct market research and show trends relating to the general use of our website, content, products or services);
- to permit content (such as postings or third party advertisements on our websites) to be targeted, on an aggregate basis, to the users for whom it is most likely to be relevant;
- to contact you in relation to our website, products or services (such as sending you any information, technical, administrative or legal notices) or answer any inquiry you, our business partners, service providers or other users of our website, content, products, services or benefits may make;
- for the purposes of resolving disputes between users or issues experienced by users when using our websites, products or services;
- for reporting purposes, such as to credit reporting bodies; or
- to fulfil our obligations under any contract you have with us.
We may also disclose your personal information which you or a third party (such as our related bodies corporate, business partners, service providers or other users of our website, products or services) provide to us, to third parties who work with us in our business in order to provide, promote or improve our website, products or services (and related information) to you, which may include all or any of the following:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners;
- other users of our website, products or services;
- third party service providers, suppliers and contractors (such as for accounting, invoicing and billing purposes, data storage, conducting research, processing payments, providing technical services, credit reporting bodies);
- marketing consultants, promotions companies and website hosts;
- other consultants and professional advisers; or
- other third parties to whom you explicitly request or consent us to disclose your personal information to.
We may also collect information that your browser sends whenever you visit our Service or when you access the Service by or through a mobile device ("Usage Data").
This Usage Data may include information such as your computer's Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
When you access the Service by or through a mobile device, this Usage Data may include information such as the type of mobile device you use, your mobile device unique ID, the IP address of your mobile device, your mobile operating system, the type of mobile Internet browser you use, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
Cookies are files with small amount of data which may include an anonymous unique identifier. Cookies are sent to your browser from a website and stored on your device. Tracking technologies also used are beacons, tags, and scripts to collect and track information and to improve and analyze our Service.
You can instruct your browser to refuse all cookies or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. However, if you do not accept cookies, you may not be able to use some portions of our Service.
Examples of Cookies we use:
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
FairBroker® uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
We will also use and disclose your personal information to send direct marketing to you from all or any of the following:
- our related bodies corporate;
- our business partners; or
- other third parties who provide content, products, services or benefits to us (such as our service providers or other users of our website, products or services).
The direct marketing may relate to all or any of the following:
- our website, products or services;
- the content, products or services of our business partners or other third parties who provide content, products, services or benefits to us (such as our service providers or other users of our website, products or services); or
- new developments we believe may be of interest to you.
You may opt-out of receiving this direct marketing through the unsubscribe function that will be made available to you with each direct marketing communication.
Transfer Of Data
Your information, including Personal Data, may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
If you are located outside Australia and choose to provide information to us, please note that we transfer the data, including Personal Data, to Australia and process it there.
Disclosure Of Data
FairBroker® may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of FairBroker®
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Do we send personal information overseas?
How you can access your personal information
We will take reasonable steps to make sure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. If your personal details change, or the personal details you provide to us changes, such as address or phone number, you can update your details via your account with us or please contact our Privacy Officer by email detailed below.
At your request, we will provide you with a copy of any personal information which we hold about you, unless an exception under the relevant privacy law applies. We may charge a fee for retrieving this information, in which case we will inform you of the fee and obtain your agreement to that fee before providing the information.
We will promptly acknowledge and investigate any complaint about the way we manage personal information.
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. In addition, our employees and contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obligated to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We store personal information in a combination of computer storage facilities, paper-based files and other records. In so doing, we have taken numerous steps to protect your personal information from misuse, interference and loss, and unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Additionally, we take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify personal information when we no longer need it.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service ("Service Providers"), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used.
These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service.
Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy & Terms web page
Flurry Analytics service is provided by Yahoo! Inc.
You can opt-out from Flurry Analytics service to prevent Flurry Analytics from using and sharing your information by visiting the Flurry's Opt-out page
Mixpanel is provided by Mixpanel Inc
You can prevent Mixpanel from using your information for analytics purposes by opting-out. To opt-out of Mixpanel service, please visit this page: https://mixpanel.com/optout/
Links To Other Sites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 ("Children").
We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: email@example.com
We will take reasonable steps to remedy any issues resulting from our failure to comply with our privacy obligations.
For more information about privacy issues in Australia and protecting your privacy, visit the Australian Federal Privacy Commissioner's website at http://www.privacy.gov.au